I am so pleased to share NEEA’s 2017 Annual Report:
Progress through Partnership. Four years ago, NEEA’s Board of Directors
created a five-year (2015-2019) Business Plan based on the region's
collective vision for Northwest market transformation. Looking back over
the alliance's 2017 accomplishments, it is clear that vision is
becoming a reality:
- NEEA's pipeline is full, with over 20 electric and natural gas market transformation programs in the current portfolio.
- The regional strategic market planning process has increased regional collaboration and delivered tangible outcomes in both the commercial and industrial lighting and consumer products markets.
- The alliance’s Natural Gas Collaborative is getting the attention of market actors around the world and it is evident that the Northwest has an important role to play in natural gas market transformation.
- The latest Residential Building Stock Assessment is complete, compiling data from more than 1,100 buildings in the Northwest. The alliance is now supporting the commercial market with a similarly scoped Commercial Building Stock Assessment to be completed at the end of 2019.
- In September, the alliance launched a five-year, $18 million End Use Load Research project—the first of its kind since the 1980s. This research will support the region with detailed information about residential and commercial customer electricity use by the hour
While we are focused on delivering the goals of the current plan, NEEA’s Board spent much of 2017 crafting a new Strategic Plan that will help set a course for 2020 and beyond. In 2018, NEEA staff will work closely with our funders and stakeholders to develop a new five-year (2020-2024) Business Plan that meets the region’s evolving needs.
I hope you enjoy reading this annual report. Now more than ever, I am humbled by the results that this region accomplishes by working in partnership to ensure a strong, resilient energy future for Northwest utility customers.